Mr Frank Twomey started his practice in Cootamundra in 1949, working from an office at the rear of the "Cosy Corner" café (now Ron Loiterton Real Estate).
Mr Michael Howse joined the firm in 1955 and together they conducted the practice from various locations in Parker Street.
In 1962 Geoff Twomey commenced his accounting training under their guidance and he was admitted to the firm as a partner in 1970. The name of the firm became Twomey & Twomey.
In 1973 the accounting practice of Eric A. Boyce was purchased.
Michael Twomey returned to Cootamundra in 1980 and became a partner of the firm.
In 1985, Twomey & Twomey purchased Alan McNeil's chartered accounting practice.
1991 saw the move from Parker Street, into the "Cobbity" building in Cooper Street. Andrew Pryor also joined the firm and became a partner in 1994.
1992 saw the opening of the Young Office, conducted from the premises in Boorowa Street. In June of 1997, the office was moved to its present premises in Cloete Street.
Allan Patterson qualified in 1963 and commenced as a sole practitioner in Wagga Wagga. In 1964 he purchased the Coolamon/Ganmain practice.
In 1981 Doug Conkey became a partner in the firm practising as Patterson & Conkey.
Doug operated out of the Wagga Wagga office with Allan servicing clients in Wagga as well as controlling the Coolamon and Ganmain offices.
The merger of Twomey & Twomey and Patterson & Conkey was effected on 1st July, 1999, to form Twomey Patterson, a dynamic accounting firm with six partners, offices in five locations and almost 40 staff.
Jenny Officer became a partner in July 2000 and in April 2001, Twomey Patterson added an office in Harden which was previously operated by F. M. Starr and Co.
Allan Patterson retired on 30th June 2003.
After many years of dedicated service to Twomey Patterson's clientele, Kerrie Walsh accepted an offer of partnership in the firm in 2005.
On 1st of July of 2006, Twomey Patterson's Wagga office merged with another local Wagga practice, HMA Accounting. The entire firm became known as HMA Twomey Patterson and two new Partners (Phillip Miller and David Hodge) and approximately 15 new staff provided a significant boost in our capacities to service our clients in and around the Wagga region.
Matthew Patterson was appointed as as Associate on 1st of July 2007, whilst Steve Watson, a manager and director of HMATP Audit, was admitted as an Associate on the 1st of August 2009.
On the 1st July 2008, Matthew Woolnough was admitted as a Partner.
After serving as a Principal of Twomey & Twomey, Twomey Patterson & finally HMA Twomey Patterson for over 40 years, Geoff Twomey retired from the position in July of 2010 to take up a role as a consultant to the Firm.
On the 3rd of December 2010, Doug Conkey retired after serving in a consultant role with the firm following his retirement from the Partnership in July of 2008.
Phillip Miller left HMA Twomey Patterson on 30 June 2011 and the following day on 1 July 2011, Steve Watson became a Principal of the Firm in addition to his role as a Director of HMATP Audit Pty. Ltd.
In 2012 a Sydney Office was added, predominantly used by the Audit team, and the Ganmain Office closed its doors.
On the 15th of April 2013, HMA Twomey Patterson became Twomeys. The name change reflects the evolving nature of the Firm with a nod to the heritage and established reputation built over many years of professional and dedicated service.